Stormwater Detention Tanks, Rainwater Harvesting Tanks, Stormwater Infiltration Tanks, Rain Gardens, Roadside Swales
Underground Stormwater Tanks are used in commercial and residential applications.
Novaplas Group manufactures the Drainwell Cell Tank in Australia. Made from 100% recycled materials, Drainwell Drainage Cell Modules are easy to install and provide a cost effective storm water management solution for residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
The high compressive strength of the Drainwell stormwater crate system means the tank can be installed below high traffic areas. The panels that make up the Drainwell module have moulded rings, which can be simply cut around with a handheld jigsaw to allow pipes to be fitted. Drainwell underground stormwater tanks provide solutions to many WSUD requirements.
Underground Modular Stormwater Retention Tank
Drainwell Stormwater Retention / Detention Underground Tanks are ideal for controlling stormwater flow from car parking areas, golf courses, race courses, and sports fields/ovals, etc. The system comprises a lightweight polymer Drainage cell modules that can be easily installed to provide an ecologically sustainable unlimited rainwater storage capacity.
What Are Stormwater Detention Tanks ?
Drainwell Drainage Cells can also be used for the detention of excess stormwater by storing the water and allowing a reduced discharge into stormwater pipes or channel systems and surrounding grounds. This collection and slow dispersion of stormwater is often referred to as stormwater detention. OSD Tanks (Onsite Detention Tanks) are often referred to as on-site detention tanks. OSDs are mostly compulsory for new or recently-renovated constructions or developments. On-site stormwater detention is a means of detaining the stormwater from your site to ensure all development areas can be safely controlled. Many councils have specific stormwater detention requirements for residential and commercial developments.
Why is stormwater detention necessary?
The requirement to detain stormwater on-site has arisen from the increase in the number of dwellings within Council areas. This increase in density, as well as house sizes, is resulting in more hard surfaces requiring drainage into Council drainage infrastructure. Underground stormwater detention tanks are now often a Council requirement in the development planning approval process.
(08) 6250 3000
Eastern States Phone
(03) 5444 4889
- Drainwell Cells are trafficable and can be installed below car parking areas.
- Drainwell Drainage cells provide an extremely efficient, low-cost drainage system
- Can be easily adapted to projects of any shape or size
- Underground installation allows the surface above the tank to be utilised for car parking or landscaping
- Eliminates open stormwater sumps, making the surface area usable
- Leach drains can be easily constructed to any size for efficient discharge of water to the surrounding soil
- Lightweight construction allows easy transportation and installation compared to concrete and gravel systems
- Greater cubic holding capacity
- Permeable surface area allows quicker percolation and soakage and infiltration.
- 95% void area, chemically inert material and 100% recycled material
- Not affected by mould or algae
- Supplied in flat pack form
- Residential Soakwells Easy to install
- Cost effective underground stormwater detention tanks