Plastic Soakwells are made by Novaplas Group.
Drainwell Plastic Soakwells are used in new and existing homes and commercial buildings. They can be installed under either trafficable or non-trafficable areas.
Novaplas makes Polypropylene Soakwells in Canning Vale.
What Are Soakwells?
Soakwells are underground structures that collect and release unwanted water, in particular, excess stormwater. The collected stormwater seeps back into the ground, as a result, it merges with the local groundwater.
A soakwell forms a void just below the surface of the ground. The soakwell is connected by stormwater pipes which are connected to either a series of downpipes or a downpipe from gutters or surface drains.
Stormwater pipes discharge stormwater into the void within the soakwell. Water can then infiltrate back into the surrounding earth.
The rate of seepage back into the surrounding earth is determined by the percentage of open area inside the soakwell.
The infiltration rate of a soakwell also depends on the absorption rate of the surrounding earth. Geotechnical engineers can perform soil tests to obtain this information, if required.
Drainwell Soakwells have a very effective infiltration surface area. For this reason, the stormwater can soak away into the ground at a faster rate than other types of soakwells. In addition, Drainwell Soakwells are wrapped in geo filter wrap which prevents sand from entering the soakwells.
Drainwell Plastic Soakwells are supplied in a flat-pack kit form, hence the term DIY soakwells. Plastic Soakwells consist of panels which are simply clipped together by hand. The plastic crates are light weight. Furthermore, they do not require a concrete paving slab or concrete soakwell lid above them.
How to install Polypropylene Soakwells
- Form a pit by excavation, as required.
- Level the base of the pit and compact.
- Backfill the pit with a minimum 100mm of coarse sand, and compact.
- Line the base and walls of the pit with Geotextile. The seams should have a minimum 200mm overlap. Seal the joints with adhesive PVC tape. Allow sufficient Geotextile length to cover the surface of the Drainwell modules once positioned in pit.
- Place assembled Drainwell modules into position, on top of the Geotextile, inside the pit. Ensure modules are placed with 440mm side in the upright position.
- If required, secure Drainwell modules together with clips or heavy duty cable ties.
- Cut holes in the correct position for inlet and outlet pipes. Outlet must be positioned lower than inlet.
- Tightly cover the sides and top of modules with Geotextile. Ensure overlaps and inlet/outlet areas are sealed with adhesive PVC tape.
- Backfill around the sides and top of the modules with a minimum of 100mm clean coarse sand and compact according to engineers specifications.
- Finally, backfill a minimum 600mm of clean fill on top of the modules and compact according to engineers specifications.
Polypropylene vs Concrete Soakwells
Polypropylene Soakwells usually cost less to install than concrete soakwells. Concrete soakwells are heavy and difficult to install. When polypropylene soakwells have been installed, it is easy to access them again. As a result they are easier to maintain.
Drainwell Soakwells can be installed under concrete slabs, as well as under driveways, and under car parking areas.
There is a cut out guide which is used to insert a 90mm PVC pipe into the side or the top of the Drainwell Plastic Soakwell.
Drainwell Plastic Soakwell Dimensions
- Length 75.5cm
- Width 40cm
- Height 44cm
Polypropylene Soakwell Suppliers In Perth
Novaplas Group, 17 Catalano Rd, Canning Vale, WA, 6155
Call Novaplas Group today to find out more.
We can also recommend plastic soakwell installers in Perth. Novaplas Phone: 08 6250 3000
(08) 6250 3000 / (03) 5444 4889
PLASTIC SOAKWELL BENEFITS
Drainwell DW1592 Modules:
- Polypropylene Cells are light-weight.
- These Clip together Soakwells are strong enough to withstand vehicle loads.
- Drainwell Soakwells do not require a Concrete Lid or Blue Metal Stone.
- Flat Packed, Easy to Handle, furthermore, Easy to Transport.
- Panels clip together by hand, hence no special tools are required.
- Trafficable modules, therefore, they can be installed under driveways and parking areas.
- Made from 100% recycled materials, therefore, environmentally friendly.
- Australian Made, hence, quality is consistent.
- Large capacity, in fact, 132 Litres per Soakwell Module !
People also viewed
Drainwell Underground Tanks
Drainwell Underground Stormwater Detention Tanks control stormwater runoff and mitigate flooding.
Leach drains are used to dispose of effluent from Septic tanks and have seepage holes in their sides and base.